When you use the Services we will collect various information about you or relating to you:
• if you sign-up via the Services to become a member;
• if you purchase any aspect of the Services from us;
• if you sign-up to receive our newsletter or other email notification services;
• if you communicate with us via telephone, SMS, email, face-to-face or via social media (including by submitting a query through our website via our Contact page);
• as you visit web pages associated with the Services;
• from your activities in connection with your use of the Services including in relation to any comments, testimonials or reviews posted by you; and
• information in relation to your family including your children’s names and ages.
Before you can access and use all of the Services’ features, you must register to become a member. This registration process includes agreement by you to our User Agreement).
To register, we ask that you provide us with certain personal information, which may include your:
• address (include street, suburb, state and postcode);
• phone number(s);
• email address;
• age; and
• if you are purchasing a service from us, payment details (which may include credit card details and/or bank details).
We use your personal information to create and maintain your member account, profile (if applicable), and to provide you with the Services (including delivery of newsletters and emails to you).
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we may use your personal information to:
• provide you with the Services (including by providing you with our newsletters and other emails);
• send you information about your member account, the Services or other services we or our related companies provide or any changes or upgrades that we make to those services (including by way of e-marketing, SMS marketing, mail-outs and other forms of advertising and marketing);
• to provide you with any other information or services you request that we provide;
• to answer queries or resolve complaints; and
• when posting comments or testimonials you make in relation to the Services (in this respect only your name and state of residence will be disclosed).
You may communicate with us in relation to the Services via phone, SMS, email or in person. We may retain records of those communications for the purposes of contacting you and for our internal purposes.
We may use ‘cookies’ to identify information about your web browser session and personalisation data each time you use the Services. A ‘cookie’ is a small data file that will be stored by your web browser when you access the Services. These cookies do not identify you personally.
Cookies can be used to enhance your use of the Services, as we use them to help personalise our delivery of the Services to you, such as information that is most relevant to your location, activities and interests.
You can set up your browser so that it does not accept our cookies. You can also manually delete our cookies from your browser. However, these actions may stop you from accessing the full benefit of the Services.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• to our related companies;
• to our professional advisors;
• to law enforcement authorities, if we suspect that an unlawful act is being committed or that such disclosure will prevent that unlawful act; or
• as otherwise required or authorised by law.
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
You are entitled to know what personal information we hold about you. You are also entitled to update or correct your personal information. If you would like to contact us in relation to your personal information, please do so through our Contact Us page at http://healthymums.com.au/contact-us