- Slow cooker
- Serving plate
- Serving spoon
- Wagyu beef blade steaks (enough for your family plus 2 extra if you want to make meat mash pies tomorrow)
- 1 litre of stock (any stock will do, I keep all my juices and fat from previous roasts and slow cooked meals in jars in the fridge. The fat at the top of the jar seals the liquid and prevents it from going off, so you can just keep it until you need it in the fridge.
- Place your stock/juices/fat and meat in your slowcooker (frozen is fine)
- Turn on high and leave for 4 hours
- After 4 hours, switch to low until dinner time
- Enjoy with some mashed potato and salad
This recipe will work with other cuts and types of meat. I've placed a whole frozen chicken in there before (one morning when I had a frozen chook in my hands and realised it wasn't going to defrost in time for dinner) and it turned out beautiful. A frozen chicken will need about 8 hours.
When eating grass-fed meat, it's safe to eat the fat that comes with your portion of meat. The saturated fat from grass-fed meat has more omega 3 fatty acids and ahealthier ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids. Saturated fat is an essential nutrient which shouldn't avoided and grass-fed animal produce is a perfect way of incorporating these fats in to your diet.