Gluten Free Pancakes
- Food processor/thermomix
- Small frying pan (mine is 20cm diameter but you don't need to fuss)
- Serving plate/s
Ingredients per person (makes 2 pancakes each):
- 1 banana (roughly 150g when weighed with skin)
- 1 egg (roughly 60g)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Butter/coconut oil for cooking
- Place all ingredients in your food processor/thermomix and whiz it all up until the banana is runny and without lumps
- Warm up your pan over a medium heat, melt the butter/oil and pour some mix when the butter is hot
- Let the pancake cook through so that it's no longer runny on top and carefully flip with your spatula. These pancakes are a little more fragile than traditional pancakes so flip with care. The smaller you make them, the easier it is to flip without them falling apart.
- Serve on your plate, stacking pancakes on top of each other waiting for the blueberry sauce if you wish
- Small saucepan with lid
- Wooden spoon/silicon spatula
- Bowl/jar for storing (if there's any left, but I highly doubt there will be)
- 250g blueberries
- 60g butter
- Place your blueberries and butter in your saucepan with the lid on and over a medium heat
- Bring to the boil and simmer for at least 10 minutes to make a sauce. The longer you cook it, the thicker and sweeter it gets.
- Serve over a little natural yoghurt with your gluten free pancakes. This is a perfect way to sweeten yoghurt for a 'treat' snack too.